Monday 11 May 2009

Woman

I am instinct, passed down from generation to generation
Comfort, nurtured in my bones
Love, building bridges; Time, raising homes
I am my grandmother's hands as she kneads dough in a bowl
My mother's patience as she listens
My sister's light step as she spies the fly guy that turns her head

I am your ears as you listen to this song
Of who I am and who you are
And who we choose to be as we fall in step with generations past
Supple; Slinky; Flirty; Naughty
Working our minds to ease the burden of antagonism
Living it large in small doses
Giving with gusto as much as need be
Knowing that time is spandex when used wisely
I am grace enabled; beauty envisioned; hurt well handled; love abundant

I am woman


Omo Okolo copyright reserved 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment